A space in the Basilica is dedicated to Saint Marguerite d'Youville.
The gilded cross is a replica of the profession cross that Marguerite received in 1755 when her community was first recognized by the Church and she was vested in the religious habit.
The tomb, made of stone, received on 9 December 2011 the oak coffin containing the Mortal Remains of Saint Marguerite d’Youville. They had previously been kept in the Mother House of the Sisters of Charity of Montreal, the Grey Nuns. The colour of the stone echoes the colour of her religious habit.
A spray of marguerite daisies in bronze rests on the tomb and recalls the living radiance of Saint Marguerite throughout time, inspiring religious and committed laypeople to devote themselves, as she did, to the deprived and afflicted.
A marble statue, which has been in the Basilica since 1959, the year of Marguerite’s beatification, welcomes the faithful. The marguerite daisy with a broken stem which she holds represents her compassion for life’s harmed and injured.